Clear PVC pipe provides a versatile, cost-effective alternative for many piping applications, especially those where visual monitoring of the process is important. The advantages of clear PVC pipe are recognized: excellent corrosion resistance; smooth inner wall for unobstructed flow and reduced deposit build-up; no contamination for purity applications; fast, reliable solvent-welded connections; good pressure capacity; and easy handling and installation, to name a few. Clear PVC pipe is commonly used as dual vessel piping for high purity pipe runs where quick identification of the main piping and visual leak detection are critical. Other applications include chemical processing, electroplating, medical/hospital use, laboratory applications, beverage processing and cosmetics.
The clear PVC piping system will facilitate observation and monitoring as the fluid flows through the pipe. This is the characteristic that makes these PVC products very popular in many applications. They include:
1. Fluid delivery with visual monitoring: Clear PVC pipe fittings have excellent transparency and are recommended for pipe sealing, visual flow and leak detection, and sight glass. It provides a versatile, cost-effective alternative for many piping applications, especially those where visual monitoring of the process is critical.
2. Food Processing: Clear PVC pipe fittings are FDA approved and are ideal for use in areas that require close visual monitoring of what is going on. Food must be closely watched at every stage of production to avoid contamination or accidental mistakes.
3. Laboratory: Science laboratories are full of gases and chemicals that need to be transported by the right method. When creating complex mixtures in the lab, where you need to monitor every step of the process, clear PVC pipe fittings are the best choice.
4. Medical Applications: A lot is happening in medical production centers, and you need the right materials to monitor everything that is happening. When used to manufacture pharmaceuticals, clear PVC pipe fittings are durable and easy to clean.
5. Aquarium: Professional aquariums use clear PVC pipe fittings or systems to effectively monitor the water entering and leaving the facility. They are ideal for low pressure liquid supply and discharge. Other areas of application for clear PVC pipes and fittings include sight glass, waste disposal, double-sealed pipes, electroplating and microchip manufacturing.