Nowadays, UPVC and transparent PVC tubes are widely used in pipeline construction. After a long time of use, the surface of the pipe will turn gray and black. Verygreen will introduce these two problems, comparing the difference between UPVC pipes and PVC pipes and the reasons for the graying and blackening of the pipe surface.
1. Manufacturing process: Both types are made from a mixture of polymer polyvinyl chloride and certain plasticizers. When these plasticizers are removed, the pipe is called UPVC.
2. Properties: Plasticizers are used in the transparent pvc tube, phthalates being the most common, and this plasticizer is an odorless, colorless ester. When being put into PVC, they make the production of pipes easier to bend and flexible by enhancing the overall flexibility. UPVC does not contain plasticizers and BPA.
3. Handling: The difference between the two is related to dimensional flexibility. For example, if PVC is not cut precisely, its flexibility allows it to still fit well. However, UPVC must be cut to exact measurements or it will not apply to the work. Because it is rigid, it cannot be stretched as slightly as PVC.
4. Applications: Larger transparent PVC tubes can be used to help move non-potable water. Another common use is for cables, where the vast majority of PVC can provide an additional layer of insulation. In construction, UPVC is an ideal substitute for wood in many cases.
1. PVC quality: Due to the presence of tertiary chlorine and allyl chloride in the molecular structure of PVC, clear pipe fittings in the processing and later use process is prone to decomposition, off HCL easy to form a conjugated double bond. The formation of multiple double bonds results in the pipe discoloration occurrence. The color change from white, pink, light yellow, red to black (carbonization), so the quality of stabilizers in the production of PVC pipe (control decomposition) and dosage is critical.
2. The unqualified titanium dioxide-induced discoloration: Whether coating the Ti surface has an important impact on the photocatalytic reaction. Whether rutile or anatase TiO2, if the surface is not coated, it can occur photocatalytic reaction and lead to discoloration of transparent PVC pipes.
3. Sulfur pollution, lead salt stabilizer, and cadmium stabilizer: With the development of industry, acid rain, sulfur pollution is becoming increasingly serious, and the profile in the storage and transportation may be in contact with sulfur, sulfide, so the possibility of sulfide pollution is greater.
Ultramarine is aluminosilicate with a special structure caused by sodium polysulfide. Ultramarine alkali without special treatment has poor heat resistance and acid resistance.
The above is the contents of the UPVC pipe and transparent PVC tube from our clear pvc pipe manufacturer. According to the different places, you should choose different types of pipe, give full play to their utility. We hope this article can help you.